The Argo

The Argo

The Argo

Spotlight on Colin Fisher (I)

(Source: Ibrahim Dagher (II))

Colin Fisher (I), a star runner at Boston Latin School, has committed to Brown University for cross country and track and field, and will compete on the school’s National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I team for the next four years.
Fisher began running competitively in fifth grade, and every year since, he has impressed coaches and parents alike. Joining the BLS track and field team in seventh grade, Fisher progressively became more drawn to the sport through his close relationships with his coaches and teammates.
Across Fisher’s previous five years with Wolfpack Track and Field, he broke numerous school and state records, cementing him as one of Massachusetts’s top track and field athletes. He currently holds seven BLS records: ​​the mile, indoor mile, 2-mile, 4×400, indoor 4×400, 4×800 and the indoor 4×800. During a stellar junior year season, he placed third in the Emerging Elite Mile at Nike Outdoor Nationals in June with a time of 4:18.55, setting a personal best and a new BLS record.
With such achievements, it is no wonder that colleges took interest.
“I first started talking to college coaches during the summer after my sophomore year,” Fisher says. “I stayed in touch with many of them throughout my junior year, which is when I began getting invited to official visits, where I would stay with the team for a weekend, attend practices, hang out and go to classes with them.”
In the fall of senior year, Fisher was invited on an official visit to Brown University, which is when he ultimately felt the school was the best fit for him. Following his visit, the Brown cross country and track and field coaching staff reached out to Fisher with an offer for a position on the team. “I knew I couldn’t turn down an opportunity like that,” Fisher says.
Fisher is excited about the future of his athletic career and determined to bring his talent to the NCAA.
He expresses, “I really want to succeed in the NCAA. Brown’s running program definitely will provide me with the resources and opportunities that will allow me to do that.”
It is beyond impressive and well-deserved that Fisher is able to commit to an Ivy League university for sports. “​​It was honestly pretty surreal, being able to see all my hard work over the years pay off,” he adds. “It was definitely a big relief knowing that a lot of the stress of senior year had been taken off my shoulders.”
Fisher credits the support of the team and the camaraderie they have built together as the major reason for his ability to succeed and maintain consistency over the last six years. He has demonstrated unwavering dedication to athletics and impressive academic achievement, and we are very excited to see him excel at the highest level next year!